Iron Ore Company of Canada
In effort to increase workplace flexibility and meet the needs of the business, the Iron Ore Company of Canada is seeking candidates interested in becoming part of IOC’s temporary workforce.
We are seeking a readily available workforce who are highly motivated, adaptable to changing situations and priorities, can interact well with others and demonstrate both the ability to work independently and to contribute effectively within a team. Selected applicants will be utilized on an as needed basis, in a number of disciplines within the Operator/ Maintainer occupation such as, but not limited to, Haulage Truck Drivers, Process and Mine Attendants, Mobile Equipment Operators, and Crane Operators.
Selected applicants will be assigned in various departments and roles, based on operational requirements and immediate business needs. These resources will assist IOC in performing work on certain projects, or during peak vacation, work, or production periods and will be contacted for opportunities on short notice.
- As a minimum to be considered for any available temporary workforce position, applicants must possess a High School diploma, or GED equivalent, and 1 to 3 years relevant experience or demonstrated relevant experience (minimum of 5 years) in areas such as, but not limited to, haulage truck driving, mobile equipment operation, mobile rock crusher operation, and general attendant work, etc.
- Dependent upon the position being applied for, additional qualifications will be required, ie. Valid Class 5 driver’s license, MEO or Crane Operator Certificate, etc.
Successful applicants must also possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Active participation in company safety systems and initiatives
- A proven safe work record resulting from a proactive approach to safety
- Contributions to improvement ideas and solutions in the workplace
- A highly flexible approach to work
- Team membership skills including the ability to work well in a team environment
- Operator/Maintainers will be paid a rate of $38.33 an hour
- Applicants should indicate in their application email that they are applying for a Temporary Workforce position, and the position(s) they wish to be considered for
- Applicants must be available for work from August 1st, 2016 – January 10th, 2017
- Applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment verification checks as well substance abuse and fitness testing
How to apply?
All applicants must apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 24th, 2016. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.